What Is Truth?
Where Will You Find Truth?
Is Your "Truth" Based On Lies?
Do You Have The Complete Story?
Who Are You Trusting?
What Is Truth?
Truth is that which matches universal reality. Not your personal reality, but universal reality as described using a shared and common understanding of the language used to communicate truth. Your personal beliefs have no impact on truth.
While truth is the same for everyone, opinion can vary from person to person. Here is an example - TRUTH: this is cholcalate ice cream. OPINION: this chocolate ice cream is good. Opinion is a personal reality and is subject to change.
Can Truth Change?
At times there are some things we do not fully understand (eg. how disease is spread), but think we do. So we formulate "truths" about them. As we gain knowledge we may learn that we did not have truth, and replace it with truth. But, the truth did not change, we did.
A promise is truth when that promise is given by someone who has the ability and will to keep that promise. This is humanly impossible. For example, the person who made the promise may die before fulfilling the promise. Only God can always keep a promise.
The Most Important Truths
- You Are Created in the Image of God
- God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. - Genesis 1:27
- You are unique. No animal, nor anything else, is made in the image of God.
- This means, for example, you have both a physical body and an immaterial soul/spirit.
- You were made to resemble God in many immaterial ways. We can reason and choose. We have a morals and a conscience to guide us. We are relational, can make free choices, can love, create, and have mercy.
Because you are made in God's image
you are responsible for accurately representing the character of God.
- You Have Violated God's Laws
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) -- There is none righteous, not even one. (Romans 3:10)
- How many lies have you told? Have you ever taken something that does not belong to you? Have you desired to have something that belongs to another person (coveted)? Have you ever looked with lust? These are just four of the Ten Commandments.
- The Ten Commandments describe God's character. If you violate any of them, you (since you ar made in God's image) are representing God as being something other than who He is. For example, when you lie you represent God as a liar.
- All liars have their place in the lake of fire, which is the second death. - Revelation 21:8
You have misrepresented God
You have broken God's laws and have earned the just punishment.
- You Are Eternal: Heaven and Hell Are Eternal
- Acts 4:12 speaking about Jesus says: There is salvation [from eternity in hell] in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.
- This is reality. You know God isreal and have broken His laws (Romans 1:18-32) and God also knows you have. There will be justice. The penalty for breaking the law... for misreprenting God's character must be paid. And it was. By Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
- If you believe (trust) that Jesus paid your penalty for sin (disobeying God), and you repent (turn away from disobeying God), then what Jesus did when He died on the cross is credited to you. You are free from the penalty for sin!
- But if you reject Jesus, or trust someone with the same name (Jesus), but who is not in reality Jesus, you must pay the just penalty for sin yourself... eternity in the lake of fire, the second death, what we call hell.
There Is Freedom
only in Jesus
Questions and Answers
A Jesus Who Is Not Jesus?
How can Jesus not be Jesus?
Many churches and individuals believe in a Jesus who only lives in their imaginations. Jesus Christ, the creator God of the universe, is clearly descibed in the Bible. For example, if you believe you must be baptized, or go to church, or do good deeds to be saved, that is not the Jesus described in the Bible (Ephesians 2:8-9). If someone's description of Jesus does not match scripture, they have an imaginary Jesus.
God Will Forgive Me
God is forgiving.
Yes, God forgives, but God is also just. There is justice. If you do the crime, you must pay the time... except God has done the time for you. If you accept this gracious gift, justice has been served, and God can then forgive you. The penalty you've earned for disobeying God has been paid in full.
How Can A Loving God Send People To Hell?
Love means there is justice.
Yes, God loves you. He loves you so much that He died on the cross in your place. But if you choose to be separated from God... if you do not believe in Jesus (God) or you have an imaginary Jesus, or do not believe He died in your place, then God will leave you to be saved by your god. A god who does not exist and can do nothing to save you. You send yourself to hell.
The promises of God
God has promised you many things. And He has both the ability and will to fulfill His promises. You can trust His promises. Here are just three of them:
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. - 2 Corintians 5:17
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden [with the effort of trying to saved yourself], and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. - Matthew 11:28-30
Do you think you are good enough to get into heaven? You're not. Take the Good Person Test
Looking for a good, Bible-preaching church?
If you are in the Portland (Oregon) west side area, dinosaurs recommend: SW Hills Baptist Church - www.southwesthills.org
If you are in the Portland (Oregon) east side area, dinosaurs recommend: Grace Bible Fellowship - www.gbfpdx.org